Conferences and seminars to business are just like paint to home. They add value and attract customers. In Singapore, businesses are keen to hold seminars, conferences and training sessions to attract clients, because the place offers them a wide range of opportunities to expand globally.
While top companies in Singapore have their own conference facilities and occasional seminars in public halls and hotels, small businesses can also hold conferences and seminars by taking seminar room for rent.
1. Check for Standard Equipment
Collaboration among internal and external customers is essential for successful seminars and meetings. To ensure functional workspace, you need to have the right equipment placed at the right places. Nowadays, training room rental companies have much to offer, beyond furnished tables and comfy chairs.
- White board: Whether it’s an internal meeting or a seminar, whiteboard helps participants discuss plans and follow them easily. Then there are other meeting room tools to pay attention to.
- Food/Beverage area: Longer meeting sessions and seminars must have refreshment breaks. Make sure the facility you rented offers food and beverages or should have a canteen inside its premises.
2. Pay Attention to Design
The chosen meeting venue should look comfortable for all the team members. Same is true for seminar rooms. This where rental rooms are preferable, because they are well-maintained, properly cleaned, and have up-to-date equipment. Yet there are few things you should see in them:
- Proper lighting – light brings out creativity, overall morale and quality of work. But, avoid florescent lights which might cause headaches. Apart from electric lights, natural light is also good for the overall environment.
- Wall colors – choose the room that has calming colors. For example, blue and yellow are more suitable because they increase chances of agreeableness and calmness among participants. Avoid bright or clashing colors.
3. Minimize Distractions
Distractions reduce productivity. Avoid distractions in a meeting room to keep your participants engaged.
- Check all fixtures – make sure all lights work properly. There must be proper ventilation and the room fans (ceiling or pedestal fan) work noiselessly. Replace the wobbly tables and chairs as well.
- Furniture – you should have enough chairs to accommodate every one, even if the table space is not sufficient. In this way, people will concentrate on their work rather than surroundings.
4. Avoid Crowding the Room
The conference or seminar room should have collaborative environment. Distribution of furniture must be thoughtful. Avoid furniture that puts group leaders or heads in the way of those who don’t speak too much.
- Round table – if it’s a meeting and the number of people are not too many, have a round table meeting or conference that allows every one to connect to the speaker and with each other as well.
- Avoid tiered seating – all seating options should have the same level. It allows everyone to view and to be viewed properly.
- Seating space – expert suggests there should be enough space for participants to stand up and move around.
Conference room design determines how participants use it Participants are likely to show high productivity, if the conference room offers sufficient equipment, space and furniture.